Let's just start by mentioning that iRobotics I7 is still the only model that built-in USA (only several non-critical components are imported from Taiwan).
New model Luraco Legend is now available (as of October 2021).
Luraco is a Dallas-based tech company and military contractor having branched out into the health and beauty industry, likely because of the attractive niche it is.
Heath and beauty are a 445 Billion a year industry. It is an attempt for Luraco to bring military-grade technology into Health and Wellness space. Luraco Irobotics I7 is the ultimate chair to realize its vision.
Luraco Technologies iRobotics I7
(Our Top Pick For Zero Gravity Massage Chair - Review)
Luraco is well known and respected for bringing the highest quality top-of-the-line pedicure spa chairs into many salons around the country. They even went into inventing the first pedicure spas for kids.
Let's get into the chair itself.
Luraco iRobotics 7 Overview
First, become available in July 2015 it instantly becomes a bestselling model for multiple online and brick-and-mortar retailers.
At that time it started competing with Inada Dreamwave (best seller at that time and buy some experts considered to be the best chair in the world).
Attractive design, as well as the USA, build made it an attractive option for many consumers searching for top-of-the-line products.
iRobotics 6 was the first attempt to bring luxury chairs to the market. It is a definite improvement over the iRobotics 6 model and one of the reasons this chair is so popular among consumers, executives, sport and fitness celebrities.
It is still (as of April 2019) the Only Massage Chair in the industry that has been proven to provide pain relief and health benefits by an independent professional research institute. Click here to view the report and here to read some of the customer reviews.
Here is the information regarding benefits of Luraco from their own site:
Here is the video shows their production process (important to watch to get the basic understanding of how chair is made and tested:
Not every chair can fit a really tall or really short person. This chair can fit a body heat as heavy as 300 pounds and as tall as 6’7″.
It can also accommodate a body as short as 4’7″, which is really impressive and make it one of the most versatile models available.
Also, it is one of the easiest chairs to assembled as claimed by many consumers and experts. So, you can still take advantage of While Glove Delivery (if you do not want to spend your time and deal with possible issues) but you do not have to and can easily do it on your own.
It is still pretty heavy boxes (2 boxes) and you have to carry it into your home if you are not going to get a White Glove Delivery option.
We can't say that about any chair. Many chairs were just not as easy to assembled and put together like this.
Here is the video which will guide you though the whole process after it shipped to your house and when you will need some help:
A remote control is modern and pretty straightforward to use. You can most likely figure out how to use it with the Intuitive interface it provides.
We need to mention that it is one of the quietest chairs we have come across.
Considering how many airbags and other gadgets are packed under the hood, it is really quiet, which is important. We are trying to relax after all and any additional noise may interfere with the whole process.
The Roller system provides 3D functionality and it is dual rollers (not quad rollers). It penetrates deep into the body and provides firm, intense deep tissue massage.
If it is too much for you to handle, the special back pad that comes with the chair will make it more comfortable if needed.
There are 5 levels of intensity that you can adjust ranging from really intense to gentle intensity massage.
Also, you can adjust and intensity of the upper back and shoulders (not common and most massage chair models). There are also 5 different settings to adjust the intensity of airbags.
Body scan technology takes a long time to adjust to your body's height etc, but you can remember the program that you like and save it, so next time you do not have to go through the whole adjustment again.
I7 chair provides the most accurate body adjustment we've seen. So, trust it and go with it.
Also equipped with multimedia speakers you can listen to your favorite music while relaxing and getting a massage (download your music to an SD card that comes with the chair and you are good to go).
It requires you to put your favorite music on the card in advance. Infinity Iyashi as an example you can connect through Bluetooth directly to your phone, and play the music you have there.
In terms of space, Luraco iRobotics7 requires 27 inches from the wall to operate smoothly, it’s higher than most for most chairs, not talking about Iyashi, which require only 1 inch of space.
Promoted by Luraco as a Medical Chair, you can expect some features that can live up to its name. One of such features is a blood pressure monitor (by OMRON Technologies).
The seat swivel feature with twist stretching uses a motor to move the seat from side to side. Concept borrowed from DreamWave technology which provides passive motion to the lower back. It is especially important for people who are experiencing lower back pain. Inada DreamWave chair provides a superior rotation, but it is still useful and a good working feature.
Combining all of that with one of the best warranties in the industry (5 years), the lowest failure rates among all of the brands, and exceptional customer service.
We contacted many companies and Luraco is the best by far. Human Touch responsiveness and support are top-notch as well.
It is really hard to go wrong if you are looking for a great luxury massage chair.
That is the reason we rated it #1. Some newest chairs from various brands may provide better features, more massage programs, better massage technology but combining the benefits, customer service, warranty, and reliability you get by investing in Luraco is still the defining factor we used when rating this chair.
Following is just a list of important features you can expect to find:
Main Features of Luraco i7 Massage Chair
Dual 3D roller
- Dual 3D roller with 5-level adjustable intensity and 32’’ S-track length. Intensity can be customized in the shoulder and neck and lower back independently. For example, if your lower back hurts and you want rollers to work on the area gentler, you can set up lower strength for the back and higher strength for the neck. It is the first model that allows you to do that.
Double Foot Rollers
- Double Foot Rollers with a three-tiered airbag and heat will give a really thorough massage to your legs (foot massager).
100 Airbags on this Massage Chair Luraco I7
- 100 Airbags are able to firmly but smoothly massage your whole body from the tips of your fingers to the ends of your toes. Air massage strength can be adjusted too.
Adjustable Heat in Lumbar Area
- Adjustable Heat in Lumbar Area, Seat, and Feet Area. Heat levels also can be customized independently in different parts.
Zero Gravity Position
- Zero Gravity helps to relieve tension in the lower back, evenly distribute your weight, and give your body a chance to rejuvenate.
- Body Stretching helps you to decompress your spine in a unique way. This model has two-position feet stretching and body swivel with twist stretching.
- Body-scan Technology – it will map your spine to provide customized massage, which hits the “right” place with each movement.
9 Automatic Programs
- 9 Automatic Programs to choose from
5 Users Memory Settings
- Memory Settings for Up to 5 Users – You can create and save your perfect session as well as the other four members of your family.
Touch Screen Remote Control
- Touch Screen Remote Control– the most user-friendly remote control in the industry that looks very much like your smartphone and works on powerful OS developed by Luraco Technologies (patent pending).
- Mp3 Music System – iRobotics i7 has a built-in mp3 player and speakers with ultra-clean sound. You can use preloaded music or your favorite list of songs.
- Voice Response System– right from the future, a chair that can understand you in English, Spanish, French, German, Japanese, Korean, or Vietnamese.
- Quiet operation – it is the quietest robotic chair on market. And who wants too much noise when trying to relax.
- Genuine leather touch points – all iRobotics7 made in genuine leather in places your body touches the recliner - touch surfaces - (Head, Arms, Shoulders, and Feet). This guarantees that it will look good for longer, as PVC leather tends to crack or discolor faster. In other chairs, genuine leather usually is available as a premium option and those recliners are not always in stock.
- Ottoman Leg Length Adjustment– By extending or retracting ottoman length can accommodate a person from 4’7’’ to 6’7’’ height.
- Good Warranty and After-sale Support – Luraco Technologies offers better than most 3-year in-home labor warranty, and 5-year warranty on parts and structural frame, as well as the best customer and after-sale support. Plus it has a commercial warranty, 6 months for labor and 1 year for parts, that very few chair massager manufacturers offer.
- Additional Health Monitoring Features (System)– Because Luraco is the first registered with FDA medical massage chairs, you have an option to add heart rate monitor and blood measuring equipment. And to see with your own eyes research proving positive effects of on heart rate and blood pressure.
- Easy to Assemble – this Luraco chair is very easy to assemble even by the most inexperienced customer. Though, white-glove delivery is always available.
- Color options – available in three colors: cream, chocolate and black.
Now that you know all the main features, let's briefly compare it with other chairs of the same level.
Let’s start with rollers. It has 3D rollers, the only chairs that have more advanced rollers are Osaki OS-4D JP Pro and Fujiiryoki EC-3800. As both of those Kiwami mecha 4D rollers that are 3D rollers with speed control. And you can’t control rollers' speed in Luraco i7.
This Luraco model has S-track that won’t reach your thigh area completely, unlike the 49’’ long L-track of Infinity Iyashi. But Luraco’s S-track is the longest S-track in the industry, so it’s still better than most of the S-track models.
But this is it, in all other features and parameters Luraco iRobotics 7 is the winner.
You won’t find another model that has so many advanced features combined with quality and reliability.
Choreographer Shanda Sawyer Opinion:
Best at CES 2017
Check out our whole massage chair guide at: https://www.wellnessgeeky.com/best-massage-chair